The Department of Business Oversight (DBO) protects consumers and oversees financial service providers and products. The DBO supervises the operations of state-licensed financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and money transmitters. Additionally, the DBO licenses and regulates a variety of financial service providers, including securities brokers and dealers, investment advisers, payday lenders and other consumer finance lenders. For a complete list of the types of financial services providers and industries regulated by the DBO, go to http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Licensees/default.asp.
- File a Complaint
- Quejas de el Consumidor
- Alerts and Advisories
- Search for Banks, Credit Unions, Money Transmitters and Other Financial Institutions
- Search for Broker-Dealers, Investment Advisers, Mortgage Lenders, Mortgage Loan Servicers, Payday Lenders, Non-Bank Finance Lenders, Escrow Agents and Companies, Check Sellers and Other Financial Service Providers
- Enforcement Actions Against Financial Service Providers
- Enforcement Orders Against Financial Institutions
- Protecting Seniors
- 10/19/2015 – The portal for filing applications online to obtain California Finance Lender (CFL), Deferred Deposit Transaction (CDDTL) and Escrow licenses is now available. Applicants may file applications and pay licensing and other fees using the portal found at https://docqnet.dbo.ca.gov. Questions should be directed to CFL.email@example.com, CDDTL.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure - 'Know Before You Owe' Mortgage Disclosure Rules
- Division of Financial Institutions
- Division of Corporations
Self-Help Portal – The DBO’s DOCQNET Self-Help Portal allows licensees to submit online applications, exemption notices, annual report information and more. For details, visit DBO’s self-help portal.
Financial Statistics and Industry Data
- Consumer Finance Lenders
- Payday Lenders
- Financial Institutions
- Bank Officer and Director Compensation
Spotlight on Marijuana-related Investments, Binary Options, and Digital Currency (11/09/2015) – Several investment schemes have recently emerged that both sellers and buyers hope will become the “next big thing.” Before investing, understand what these products are, their benefits, and their risks here.
- 10/08/2015 – Monthly Bulletin Volume 03, Number 03
- 09/15/2015 – Notice Filing Requirements for Regulation A - Tier 2 Offerings
- 07/22/2015 – Federally-Required Mortgage Disclosure Forms Now Translated into Five Languages
Where Do I Find?...
DBO Call Center
- Toll-Free 1-866-275-2677 (English)