The Department of Business Oversight (DBO) protects consumers and oversees financial service providers and products. The DBO supervises the operations of state-licensed financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and money transmitters. Additionally, the DBO licenses and regulates a variety of financial service providers, including securities brokers and dealers, investment advisers, payday lenders and other consumer finance lenders. For a complete list of the types of financial services providers and industries regulated by the DBO, go to http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Licensees/default.asp.
- File a Complaint
- Quejas de el Consumidor
- Alerts and Advisories
- Search for Banks, Credit Unions, Money Transmitters and Other Financial Institutions
- Search for Broker-Dealers, Investment Advisers, Mortgage Lenders, Mortgage Loan Servicers, Payday Lenders, Non-Bank Finance Lenders, Escrow Agents and Companies, Check Sellers and Other Financial Service Providers
- Enforcement Actions Against Financial Service Providers
- Enforcement Orders Against Financial Institutions
- Protecting Seniors
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure - 'Know Before You Owe' Mortgage Disclosure Rules
- Division of Financial Institutions
- Division of Corporations
Self-Help Portal – The DBO’s DOCQNET Self-Help Portal allows licensees to submit online applications, exemption notices, annual report information and more. For details, visit DBO’s self-help portal.
Financial Statistics and Industry Data
- Consumer Finance Lenders
- Payday Lenders
- Financial Institutions
- Bank Officer and Director Compensation
Know Before You Owe – New Mortgage Disclosure Rules
New disclosure rules for mortgage loan transactions – designed to protect consumers and prevent surprises – are now in effect. Key features include forms for loan estimates and closing disclosures. Consumers and lenders can learn all about the rules here.
- 09/15/2015 – Notice Filing Requirements for Regulation A - Tier 2 Offerings
- 07/22/2015 – Federally-Required Mortgage Disclosure Forms Now Translated into Five Languages
- 07/10/2015 - CA Finance Lenders - 2014 Annual Report on Consumer and Commercial Loan Activity
- 07/09/2015 - Payday Loans – Summary Report on 2015 Annual Industry Survey
- 06/23/2015 - Report of Activity Under Small Dollar Loan Pilot Programs
- 04/14/2015 - Summary of Enforcement Actions - February 2015
Where Do I Find?...
DBO Call Center
- Toll-Free 1-866-275-2677 (English)