Check Sellers, Bill Payers and Proraters Law

Any individual or corporation who wishes to engage in the business of selling checks, drafts or money orders, or of receiving money as agent of an obligor for the purpose of paying bills, invoices or accounts of such obligor or to accept money in payment of utility bills except as an authorized agent for a utility company must obtain a license from the Department of Business Oversight.

Currently, there are four different types of businesses licensed under the Check Sellers, Bill Payers and Proraters Law.

How to reach us:

Department of Business Oversight
Financial Services
320 W. 4th Street, Suite 750
Los Angeles, CA 90013

Phone: (866) ASK-CORP (275-2677)

Last updated: Sep 16, 2019 @ 12:39 pm