How To Use DBO.ca.gov
The DBO Website is new! We used the award-winning State of California Website template. To help you get the most of our new site, here is a quick tour through some of the features.
Pursuant to the Governor’s Reorganization Plan on July 1, 2013, the Department of Corporations (DOC) and Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) became the Department of Business Oversight. Learn more about the Governor's Reorganization Plan.
The DOC and DFI websites were consolidated into the DBO website which provides fast and clear access to DBO’s programs, services and information that citizens and businesses are seeking. This short walkthrough highlights navigation, content, and localization.
The DBO homepage features quick and easy access to the most essential features, including links to DBO licenses, programs, laws and regulations, publications and online tools and services.
Search and Navigation
- Tabs help you find your way around. There is a lot of information available regarding DBO programs, so we have broken the navigation down into various tabs at the top of the page to help you find your way.
- It's easier to find things. Every page has a search box at the top right corner. The search feature is powered by Google, and we have made improvements behind the scenes in the way we tag pages to improve your search results.
- Most requested information at your fingertips. Most requested information at your fingertips. You can find the most commonly requested for information under special content areas, including Tabs, What’s New, Quick Links, and Popular Links. This allows you move quickly to the content you want fast.
More Ways To Get In Touch
- A "Connect With Us" area provides quick and easy access to social media links such as RSS, Facebook, Twitter, our Email Service and our Blog.
- You can subscribe to email alerts, RSS feeds, social media, widgets, and more by going to our "Connect With Us" area as well.
- You can talk to a live operator by calling us Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST)
- Find contact information for specific DBO programs, see DBO Key Contacts.