California Finance Lenders Law
- About the Law
- Who is Required to Obtain a Finance Lenders License or Branch License under the Finance Lenders Law?
- How Do I Apply for a Finance Lenders License or Authorize a Branch Office under the Finance Lenders Law?
- Requirements after a Finance Lenders License has been Issued
- How Do I Amend a Finance Lenders License or a Branch Office License under the Finance Lenders Law?
- How Do I Surrender a Finance Lenders License or a Branch Office License under the Finance Lenders Law?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Regulations, Legislation, Opinions, Releases
- 02/01/2017 - 2016 Annual Report for Licensees Participating in the Pilot Program for Increased Access to Responsible Small Dollar Loans (RSDL)
- 01/23/2017 - New Online Form Available for 2016 CFLL Annual Report
- For Archives Click Here
Companies licensed under the California Finance Lenders Law, California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law, and Escrow Law, may access the Self-Service DOCQNET Portal to submit applications for licensure, view the status of applications, submit annual report information, and update contact information.
NMLS Consumer Access is a fully searchable website that allows the public to view information concerning state-licensed mortgage companies, branches and individuals currently licensed through NMLS.
Information on CFL licensing requirements for companies and branches engaged in making or brokering loans secured by residential real property is also available in NMLS.
An application for a license under the California Finance Lenders Law for residential mortgage providers (mortgage lenders, brokers, mortgage lenders and brokers, and mortgage loan originators) should be filed through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Bona Fide Nonprofit Affordable Housing Organizations
- Finance Lender Consumer Information
- Search the Licensee Listing
Information on persons licensed under CFL that are engaged in making or brokering loans secured by residential real property is also available in NMLS Consumer Access.