California Financing Law
- About the Law
- Who is Required to Obtain a Finance Lenders License or Branch License under the California Financing Law?
- How Do I Apply for a Finance Lenders License or Authorize a Branch Office under the California Financing Law?
- Requirements after a Finance Lenders License has been Issued
- How Do I Amend a Finance Lenders License or a Branch Office License under the California Financing Law?
- How Do I Surrender a Finance Lenders License or a Branch Office License under the California Financing Law?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Regulations, Legislation, Opinions, Releases
- 02/01/2017 - 2016 Annual Report for Licensees Participating in the Pilot Program for Increased Access to Responsible Small Dollar Loans (RSDL)
- 01/23/2017 - New Online Form Available for 2016 CFL Annual Report
- For Archives Click Here
Self-Service Portal – The Department of Business Oversight (DBO) Self-Service Portal offers convenient online services to consumers and businesses seeking licensing information from DBO. The Portal allows licensees to submit exemption notices and annual report information. Portal users can also search for licensees, applicants, notice filers, securities and franchise filings and more.
NMLS Consumer Access is a fully searchable website that allows the public to view information concerning state-licensed mortgage companies, branches and individuals currently licensed through NMLS.
Information on CFL licensing requirements for companies and branches engaged in making or brokering loans secured by residential real property is also available in NMLS.
An application for a license under the California Financing Law for residential mortgage providers (mortgage lenders, brokers, mortgage lenders and brokers, and mortgage loan originators) should be filed through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Bona Fide Nonprofit Affordable Housing Organizations
- Finance Lender Consumer Information
- Search the Licensee Listing
Information on persons licensed under CFL that are engaged in making or brokering loans secured by residential real property is also available in NMLS Consumer Access.
Responsible Small Dollar Loans Pilot Program