DBO alerts and educates older adults about financial and investment fraud, common financial scams, and unscrupulous sales practices that target seniors.
- Annuities – It’s Your Choice Video (California Department of Insurance)
- Citizen’s Guide to Reverse Mortgages: Is One Right For You? (California Bureau of Real Estate)
- Citizen’s Guide to Preventing and Reporting Elder Abuse (California Department of Justice)
- Investor.gov and Alerts and Bulletins (SEC)
- Money Smart for Older Adults – Prevent Financial Exploitation (FDIC/CFPB)
- Preventing and Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Safe Banking for Seniors (ABA)
- ServeOurSenior.org (NASAA) - Tools for senior investors
- Securities Helpline for Seniors (FINRA)
- State Controller’s Property Tax Postponement Program
Key Consumer Links
Consumer Call Center
Call the DBO’s Consumer Call Center if you need information about financial service providers licensed by the DBO, or for help filing a complaint. Call 916-327-7585 or toll-free at 1-866-275-2677.